Friday, October 01, 2004

Final Alpine Thoughts

I can now officially title myself Koenigin von die Berge (Queen of the Mountain). I love the Alps!

This journey showed me that I can do more than I think that I can. I made the most out of the it, no matter what got in the way - weather...it really can't bring me down, no matter what it does. I think the trip really helped us get to know each other better and I hung out with some really cool people. Herr Soeder (the director of our program) is definitely a classy guy. I am really glad to know him. It's moments like these that I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. I know that this is where God wants me to be.

I also think it is really important to interact with nature every once in awhile. I get my share of the ocean, usually, but this kind of nature is a bit different. It is very hard to describe the feeling that being in nature gives me, but it is definitely special. I feel the power of God in nature - it's realness, the awe of it, and combination of strength and beauty. I hope to not go so long again before my next journey to the Alps. They truly do make you want to sing...the hills are alive...

Well, if you didn't notice, I kinda published this story in reverse order so that it would flow better. Let me know if my plan backfired and I confused anyone.

I wish I could be more descriptive, etc. but I am so tired right now...

No comments: